Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Long days

Today has been one of those days. Having a large block of classes then work just wears me out and I get home and want to sleep. In my few moments that I dozed off into a day dream I was able to think of some cool potential digital graphic projects.
The main reason I have been thinking so much about digital graphics is because I really need to strengthen my portfolio so I can actually acquire a internship for my Digital Technology and Culture major. It's not that I don't have the skills to get into a marketing/advertisement, it is mostly the fact that when I show them the work I have created they aren't impressed because it's not the right type of art. Instead of having a lot of font/text based art I have a lot of pure images that advertisers may not find interesting. What I am trying to say is that I need to strengthen my portfolio.
My ideas were to continue with a theme of creating a hand drawn image like this project I did for DTC 354 HERE, but to take more of a advertisement approach with it by making a mock NIKE advertisement with text reading something to the extent of: "setting a trends since (what ever date)".
I also want to make a few mock event posters, such that would most likely be seen at the cub advertising an upcoming event. This could be any event really; a dance, dinner, a fight night, a movie, or anything what so ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment