Wednesday, January 26, 2011

(DTC356 Blog 3) My organized vs your organized

The thing I keep most organized in my life is mostly shaped by my college lifestyle. My clothes unfortunately have not seen the inside of a dresser drawer in years, sad, I know... Because I have been moving in and out of new houses and apartments over my college career, I have found it so much easier to just use the large tub like containers I move them in to contain them over the school year. When the year is over and I move into a new place I simply put the lids back on and throw them in my car. I have specific types of clothes in each tub and this organization is very important to my daily routine. If for some hypothetical reason my clothes were to get mixed up in different tubs I would have a hell of a time finding it when I need it. This could pose potential problems, like for example when I am throwing on clothes 10 minutes before my class starts.  Any other person may, and would most likely organize the layout of my clothes differently. The layout of my clothes has no apparent rhyme or reason but has stuck with me over the last couple years. I find it slightly ironic because the lack of justification for order and acceptance of it reminds me of the alphabet and its organization.

1 comment:

  1. It's really interesting you've chosen to order your clothes based on something you need to do once every so often (move) instead of something you need to do every day (get dressed). This must say something about how much you value (and/or find taxing) the process of moving. Curious. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete